Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Monday, November 14, 2005

Top 5 Jack Trice Moments

This past weekend's game prompted me to rank my favorite moments in attending games at Jack Trice Stadium.

1. Texas Tech in 2002.

"The Run" by Seneca Wallace. This was the most electrifying, amazing college football play I have ever seen. It was a tight game and ISU had the ball at the 12 when Seneca was flushed from the pocket, ran back to the 30 yard line, then cut back all the way back across the field weaving and ducking defenders all the way to the end zone.

2. Iowa in 1999.

Darren Davis ran for 235 yards as State beat Iowa at home for the first time since 1981. I remember sitting in the South end with Kyle and taking off across the field after the game, jumping and high-fiving players all the way.

3. Missouri in 2000.

Sage and company beat Missouri to become bowl-eligible for the first time in my lifetime. I remember cheering from the hillside as JJ Moses scored on an an amazing 34-yard reverse where he ran over a defender at the 5-yard line before diving for the touchdown.

4. Colorado in 2005

One of the best Jack Trice crowds ever and great win over a quality Colorado team to keep Big 12 North hopes alive. See my last post.

5. Iowa in 2001

This game was moved to the Saturday after Thanksgiving due to the September 11 attacks. I remember making breakfast burritos for the tailgate and a big interception by Adam Runk to seal the deal at the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home