Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Prodigal Returns

This is for my friend Tristan, who after many years of eating from the troughs of the PC wasteland, is about to purchase a Mac:

To borrow from a more well-known story: "Bring quickly the best robe (the festive robe of honor) and put it on him; and give him a ring for his hand and sandals for his feet. And bring out that wheat-fattened calf and kill it; and let us revel and feast and be happy and make merry!"

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alan. What is going to buy?
You dad or I might be able to get him a good deal.
Brian.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Perhaps the middle-model MacBook. I told him the deal he can get from my dad, and he's weighing his options.

Any new hardware for you lately?

11:29 PM  
Blogger Tyson said...

i tried to talk him into a mini. you can get a lot more computer for your money with at least some mobility.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Tyson -- I agree about the mini. It is a great computer for a bargain price.

$799 gets you a lot, including an 80 gig hard drive.

It would definitely be worth a look. However, the laptop is awefully nice, especially if you have wireless internet or frequent spots that do so. Either way, you can't go wrong with any of the new Macs.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a MacBook 1.83. I love it. If he is looking for a MacBook I will keep an eye out for a good deal.
Brian.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Actually, he just bought a MacBook as well. He went with the educational discount + free iPod, so that's a pretty good deal.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian -- You just bought a MacBook? I thought you were going to wait. Are you going to use Parallels or Boot Camp? How much RAM? I put 2 Gig in my MBPro and I use most of it when I use Parallels.

It's kind of bad working in the Apple store when those good deals come along. They are hard to resist.

Now Tristan can really run Accordance like it is supposed to run.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home