Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Musings

More Kudos for the Flying Mango
I've talked about how the Flying Mango is one of my favorite restaurants before. I saw yesterday that the Des Moines Register's food critic released his review in the Datebook. The anonymous "W.E. Moranville" had high praise for the BBQ, calling it "Five-Star Food", and "arguably the best barbecue in town." You aren't going to get an argument with me. This is perhaps the most-overlooked spot in town in my book. If you haven't been you should give it a try.

United 93
The first movie about 9/11 is being released today, recounting the tragedy of flight 93 and the passengers who fought back. Unbelievably, it currently has a 95% "fresh rating" on Rotten Tomatoes, which is very impressive. Especially for a film dealing with this kind of weighty subject matter. In fact, some have been critical of the director for doing this project so soon after the tragedy. I can understand those for whom the film is too painful to watch. However, I also think it is time to tell the story of the heroes whose bravery against terrorists deserves to be remembered.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home