Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, September 01, 2006

BLYTHE FOR HEISMAN

"I went up to Coach on the sidelines after regulation and said I think I can make a play," said Blythe, Iowa State's career touchdown leader. "We hadn't really tested them deep and thrown it up for grabs, and I think I can win that battle every time."

"I think I can make a play." That's the understatement of the year. We need to throw Todd's way 15 times a game. Minimum. And three or four of those should be deep balls. He's the rare receiver who comes along and makes defenses change their gameplan to stop him. A Randy Moss of college football. But if you don't throw him the ball, it's like eating at McDonald's when you have a $50 gift certificate to Outback sitting in your pocket. Let's hope Mac takes advantage of his talent.

(quote and photo from The Des Moines Register.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Go read Murphs blog. He says the same thing as did all the fans around me Thursday night!!
Throw the ball to Blythe!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs.A said...

Merlin just says, "Go Hawks!" :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

There's a reason I haven't posted anything new about ISU the past four weeks... :(

Anyways, good to hear from you and have fun blogging!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Mrs.A said...

BTW, Alan, I noticed on an earlier (much earlier) post, that you had tailgating spot noted on an arial view of Jack Trice Stadium.

Why don't you consider driving just a couple blocks further around the corner on S. 16th and park in my school lot (Ames Christian School)? We only charge $5.00, you can tailgate, grill, use the picnic tables, use the indoor plumbing, kids can play on the playground equipment, and there's no alcohol! The money goes to the scholarship fund to benefit our families who struggle with tuition. Let the rest of the "gang" know, too. We'd love to have you guys.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home