Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Musings

Still Glad You Left?
Curtis Stinson and Will Blalock should have stayed at ISU for another year. They should have come back and learned from a coach who really is going to coach instead of letting them run the team. But the allure of the NBA and the big bucks was too great. And where did it get them? Last pick in the draft for Blalock. Not even drafted for Stinson. Which isn't a huge surprise to me. Curtis' three-point shot is about as pretty as me pitching horse-shoes. He's a guy who can put his head down, go to the hoop, and make something happen. In college, anyways. That mentality won't get you far in the NBA. Blalock may stick, and it was fun watching his smooth ball-handling the past few years. The biggest hurdle for him is becoming a guy who is consistent, night-in and night-out, and who doesn't get taken out of his game when his shot isn't falling. So long boys--your time at ISU had some highlights, but ultimately will be remembered as a disappointment because of what could have been.




I Can't Help Myself
After Tristan broke the news to me that he was writing again, I told him he was going to have to earn his way back onto Friday Musings. "You can't just take 3 months off without a single post and expect people to jump back on the wagon again." Well, I stand corrected. If you write a post about softball like this, I can make an exception.

Lance Armstrong to Ride Ragbrai?
I wouldn't have believed it if wasn't on official site. Thanks to Keith Murphy for the heads up. He won't be doing the whole ride, but still. Pretty crazy. Said Lance: "My Julys are free now."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home