Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Burnt Ends

Iowa State vs. Texas
I had the unfortune of watching Texas completely dismantle my Clones on ESPN's "Big Monday". Texas is really really good, so I'm not about to jump off the bandwagon yet, but the boys in Ames have some serious work to do. It starts with Hubalek, Marsden, and Taggert. They need to grow up in a hurry to compete with the post players in the Big XII. Stinson is going to need to find a way to drive and score. The rest of the guards need to quit jacking up threes so early in the shot clock. On a happier note, I had Hickory Park before the game. That place makes even the worst losses stomach-able.

Is this Iowa?
We have had quite the stretch of great weather lately. Today it is 50 degrees and sunny, with more of the same to come this weekend. How nice has it been? Well I finished raking the front yard this past Sunday (13 bags). And I wasn't wearing a coat either. The only thing bad about this kind of weather is the bittersweet realization that REAL winter will be back again and spring is still a long ways away.

Pulled Pork
I smoked a pork shoulder yesterday, and we're taking some of the meat to Heath and Sarah, who had their first baby the last week of December. It turned out pretty well, but I am seriously missing my charcoal starter, which has been stranded at Nate's since he borrowed my smoker. Even the casual griller shouldn't be without a starter, which gives you a full can of white-hot coals in about a half-hour without any lighter fluid or mess--just pour them out and get cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home