Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Burnt Ends

Happy Birthday!
This is a word of appreciation for my mom, whose birthday is today. While I am rapidly approaching parenthood status, it gives me a new respect for her. It is difficult enough to give birth to 5 kids, but even more impressive to raise them, discipline them, teach them, love them, and provide such a godly example throughout. We had a nice meal at Olive Garden last night to celebrate the occasion. Hard to beat their breadsticks and salad.

Texas A&M Plays Basketball?
Looks like it will be another up-and-down season in Ames. Last week was a win at Nebraska and a loss to A&M at home. You know times are changing when the football team beats the Aggies at Kyle Field and then we lose to them at Hilton. I hope this isn't a year where they keep inventing new ways to choke. It's too early to give up hope, but with games against Missouri and Kansas this week they are in a real pickle. I'm going to try to make it up to Ames for the Kansas game if I can find a ticket.

The End of the Spear
Despite the controversy regarding a lead actor being gay, I am hearing good reviews about this film. Do I think it was an unwise casting choice? Sure. But God's providential hand is capable of working through sinful people of all kinds, and I am praying that He would use this occasion to open doors for the gospel. Sometimes it is easy to become disheartened with the direction that society is going, but we need to remember that we serve a God who is in control of ALL events (both significant and small). He used a donkey to speak to Balaam, so certainly He can use this as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home