Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday Musings

Just a few thoughts in a spare moment at work...

Will Hilton Magic Return?
I'm going to watch ISU vs. Kansas tomorrow and I am PUMPED. Kansas games always bring out the best of the Hilton crowd and some of my best memories there are watching the Jayhawks come to town. Like in 1999 when Kansas visited on the last game of the season. Larry Eustachy was a new coach, Marcus Fizer was a sophomore, and our record was 14-15. But we had Hilton, and won the game 52-50 with a Fizer dunk to finish it out. I still have the poster of that dunk hanging on the wall in the basement.

More Ames Basketball
My brother Josh's homeschool team has a game tonight in Ames that I'm planning on seeing as well. I'm glad that he's getting that opportunity--playing competitive basketball in highschool is something I would've loved.

Finally
After heeding the many pleas to revive his site, Tristan is back. I had gotten so used to him not writing that I forgot how much I enjoyed pulling up his site when there was something new to read. My only beef? He needs to fix his link to my blog.

Discovering Hitchcock
My wife and I have been on an Alfred Hitchcock binge lately. It started with watching Notorious over Christmas break. Then came Shadow of a Doubt, To Catch a Thief, and Rear Window. After getting burned out on modern movies, it is refreshing to find out that such suspenseful, creative, and compelling films were made so long ago. It's also great to "discover" old stars like Carey Grant, Ingrid Bergman, and Grace Kelly. The next time you're at your local rental establishment, swing by the classics section and pick up a Hitchcock. I think you'll enjoy it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tristan Guthrie said...

Sorry about that. Consider the link fixed.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home