Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, March 31, 2006

Friday Musings

The Final Four
I am looking forward to the games tomorrow, and thinking that this year's edition of the Final Four has the potential to be a very memorable one. No one is going to be missing the #1 seeds. You gotta love a school like George Mason making it to Indy. It is the best underdog tourney run that I have seen in my years of watching the event, and their win over Uconn last weekend was one of the most exciting games I have watched in a long time. I would love to see a LSU vs. George Mason championship. If not, at least I can still look forward to "One Shining Moment" at the end of the game.

Who's Afraid of Blogging?
The two readers out there who may have been reading my reflections on the Who's Afraid of the Holy Spirit? book might be wondering what has happened to the regular entries in that series. Rest assured, I haven't abandoned the book midway and will try to resume my reading, although I don't expect to be posting the remainder of the chapters with the same regularity as the previous posts. I know that Nate and Tristan are thinking to themselves "I told you so..." and they are right. If I can post one chapter per month "post-baby" I'll be happy.

Food, food, food...
An overlooked benefit of having a baby are all the great meals that people bring you the week afterwards. Each evening brings the anticipation about what new dish will be dropped off. Some of the highlights:

  • Chicken casserole with stuffing and gravy on top. You can never go wrong with stuffing and gravy.

  • "BBQ"-flavored chicken with a wonderful pasta-salad side.

  • Mom's homemade pot-pie. This had a very flavorful and crispy crust.

  • Brownie dessert with a chocolate, whipped cream and heath topping. A singularly exquisite dessert which we hope to obtain the recipe for soon.

Everything was delicious, and we are just coming back down to the reality of making our own dinner again. Which is fine, but I will look back fondly on "free homemade meals" week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home