Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Apple Hits Grand Slam

Apple announced software today that lets you run Windows on the new Intel-based Macs. Get ready for the cheap PC-clone-makers out there to just get rolled by Apple now. Think of all the fence-sitters who want a Mac but have been too scared because they have some pet Windoze software they want to run. No excuses now. They can have the elegance of Mac, use it for pictures, movies, DVDs, and Internet surfing, and still run whatever else they might want to. And all at blazing native speed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my MacBook Pro Thursday. After I used migration assistant to transfer my home account with all settings I downloaded Boot Camp and then installed Win XP. I needed native XP to run ArcView at a decent speed.

I had forgotten how archaic are all the installation screens for Windows - they are out of the 60's. After a couple of restarts Windows seemed to accept the Mac drivers from the disk and then it ran well.

It runs blazing fast in both systems, but now I either have to not connect to the internet while booted in XP or pay $50.00 per year for some virus protection - not to mention running spybot and adaware periodically. I think I will just surf in OS X.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home