Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday Musings

Reinstalling My World
I took the plunge to Windows XP yesterday here at work, and so have spent the day watching progress meters and hunting for CDs to reinstall the necessary applications to get actual work done. Not a fun experience, especially when it seems I have to hunt down a bunch of prerequisites before I can even install Microsoft .NET. What fun. But look on the bright side: I have time to write Friday Musings!

Another Birthday
We celebrated my birthday by going to The Flying Mango this week. It is a cozy little Des Moines restaurant/caterer with great smoked meat (of course) and Cajun dishes. The BBQ is so good that I’ve never tried any of their other items, but that’s ok. I had the baby-back ribs this time and they were fall-off-the-bone tender. An added bonus was that it was our first time out to eat since Nora was born–quite the treat. Also, I received a NET Bible, which will be much-appreciated study-companion tool.

Another Blogger
Congrats to Jenica (and Andy), who just got their first blog off the ground. Be careful: it’s addicting. Nice pictures! You get extra credit if you can get Andy to write anything there.

The Masters
Nothing says spring like The Masters golf tournament, which stands alone in my mind as the best of the majors. Here are five reasons why:

1. It is always played at Augusta National, so the memories from the tournament are synonymous with the course itself.

2. It occurs in the spring, right at the point when you are dying to get out and play.

3. No commercials.

4. The silly tinkling music in the background which is strangely inspirational.

5. Watching the winner put on the dorky green jacket and still loving every minute of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home