Smoked Meat
  "Do not eat the meat raw or cooked in water, but roast it over the fire..." -- Exodus 12:8
 

Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Musings

Ahhh, Golf
Tomorrow I am going to try getting out on the golf course for the first time this year. It won't be pretty (really it never is). But I'm looking forward to it.

Yes! NBA Playoffs!
Can't you just feel the excitement in the air? Just kidding, I really could almost care less. Even though the Bulls are in it. I heard on the radio yesterday that the NBA set an attendance record this year, but I have no idea how. It has quickly become the least interesting of professional sports, even though I love basketball. If I had to rank the pro sports in the United States, they would be:

1. NFL
2. MLB
3. PGA
4. NBA

A New Link For Greek Geeks
This is for the couple readers out there who make use of online New Testament Greek tools. I found a much better site than the one I had linked to previously (www.greekbible.com). It is www.zhubert.com. Some of the niceties are: the ability to "hover" over words to see things like definition/case/tense, a parallel version of the NET Bible (with all translator notes!), word-usage charts, Strong's dictionary and MUCH more. I am just beginning to explore, but it appears to be the Swiss-army knife tool for those who use Greek on the web.

Mike's Top Ten Online Biblical Study Resources
When I went to school at Emmaus, one of the guys who I took Greek with was Mike. He is a keen intellect, avid reader, deep thinker and all-around good guy. Right now he and his wife live in the UK, where he is conducting a "literary-historical reading of John 21." Just don't ask me what that is. Anyways, I just found his blog, where he listed his favorite online study resources. That's where discovered the Zhubert site, and I am eager to explore more of his recommendations. Be forewarned: this isn't material for the faint-of-heart: it is geared more towards a seminary level. He also has a site for film reviews at imagefacts.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger jenica said...

Seminary Level? Geez, do I feel dumb. I couldn't even figure out what he was talking about on his latest blog. Don't think I will be reading that one much. :)

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home